Last term Lillie spent a few happy weeks learning all about the Impressionist painters. She studied one artist for two weeks. This week’s artist is Seurat who is well known for his pointillism.
She used the following books throughout her project:
As well as the courses found here:
Resources Specific to Seurat
Goals for this Study
- Read about Seurat and his paintings and create a scrap book page with a gallery of Seurat’s paintings and a short biography:
- To learn about pointillism as a method of painting, and how it works:
- Carry out a study of the chosen piece of work by Seurat and write a blog post reviewing it. Lillie has written the review and posted it to her own blog which you can find here:
- Produce your own copy or variation of the chosen painting/sculpture: And her final piece:
- Lillie had the privilege of seeing the original ‘Bathers at Asnières’ painting when we went to The National Gallery together (apologies for quality – I haven’t quite figured out my phone yet 🙂 ):
I think I have one more artist to write about, which is Renoir.